Global Price API (and more)
API access to data from Numbeo.com (in third party application)
Although content at Numbeo.com website is provided for free for both non-commercial and commercial use under GPL and CC-BY-SA licences
), for companies who wants to access our data from their applications, we do provide an API to get the data
in a machine friendly format.
API access is available for a fee using a yearly subscription model.
Why do we charge access to our API? These are some reasons:
- it provides additional revenue for our operations
- we think that if we would provide our API for free it would be more business disadvantage rather than advantage to us
- providing API for free could potentially drain our resources
Numbeo API currently uses JSON interchangable data output, so it can be used in various platforms or systems. More output formats might be presented in the future.
We help each particular client with getting the data they need from our database. The current documentation
online. Numbeo updates the API and the documentation with new features to accommodate client requests.
Querying for cities is available by using its name (Numbeo use geo-normative service from third parties) or by latitude/longitude.
For academic purposes (i.e. university research), we might grant free API licence as determined at our discretion.
Please look at the application for free academic licence
We are sorry, but at this moment, we do not grant free API licences to companies and individuals.
Small Access Subscription
- Price: 2900EUR per year
- Using API from up to 3 development machines + 1 server
- 5000 queries per day maximum
- Email support
Large Access Subscription
- Price: 6900EUR per year
- Using API from up to 10 development machines + 5 servers
- 50000 queries per day maximum
- Priority Email Support
Payment via bank wire only. Minimum commitment period one year.
To send you an invoice, or if you have more questions, please use the contact page