API access to data from Numbeo.com (in third party application)
The current documentation is available
Although content at Numbeo.com website is provided for free for both non-commercial and commercial use under GPL and CC-BY-SA licences
), for companies who wants to access our data from their applications, we do provide an API to get the data
in a machine friendly format.
API access is available for a fee using a yearly subscription model.
Why do we charge access to our API? These are some reasons:
- it provides additional revenue for our operations
- we think that if we would provide our API for free it would be more business disadvantage rather than advantage to us
- providing API for free could potentially drain our resources
Numbeo API currently uses JSON interchangable data output, so it can be used in various platforms or systems.
We help each particular client with getting the data they need from our database. Numbeo updates the API and the documentation with new features to accommodate client requests.
Querying for cities is available by using its name (Numbeo use geo-normative service from third parties) or by latitude/longitude.
For academic purposes (i.e. university research), we might grant free API licence as determined at our discretion.
Please look at the application for free academic licence
We are sorry, but at this moment, we do not grant free API licences to companies and individuals.
document to see acceptable uses.
Standard Access Subscription
- Using API from up to 3 development machines + 1 server
- 20,000 queries per day maximum
- Email support
- Monthly Billing, price: US$220 per month
- Annual Billing, price: US$2600 per year
Large Access Subscription
- Using API from up to 10 development machines + 5 servers
- 200,000 queries per day maximum
- Priority Email Support
- Price: 498$ per month
- Monthly BillingPrice: US$498 per month
- 25% off when purchasing 3 year subscription (payable by bank wire only)
- 50% off startup and small companies discount
To order (if you want to pay by bank wire) or if you have more questions, please contact us